Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy 1 week, Lizzie!!

1 week ago (well, 30 minutes now), Lizzie was born!
Been an insane week, wonderful highs, and odd rollercoaster of anything in between the amazingness of it all. Or something. I don't even know.

So here we are. In a hotel instead of a hospital, but in a desperate waiting game. Last week was waiting to meet our daughter, this wtome I'm waiting for a phone call (giving me permission to leave the state, could quite literally be any minute), and also waiting for that magical 96 hour mark to arrive. That is at 3pm central time, still an hour away.

Today was fine. Desiree had me come to her apartment. That was strange. I took Lizzie out of the carrier, and Desiree held her for an hour or so while we talked. Mostly about her background and how she ended up with the need to place her baby for adoption. Sad, depressing, all of that. It has not been easy for her, and I suppose this is how she is making sure Lizzie isn't raised with similar hardships. Both in tears on and off, and then it was time for me to go. She signed the paper, which has better be the final one!! And then I was off!

So we should be leaving soon. But need that phone call & 3pm to arrive!!

1 comments:

The Jessup Family said...

Even though meeting with her was a very hard and strange thing to do, you now have more information tucked away should/when Lizzie starts asking questions. The answers you got today wouldn't have happened if you hadn't accidentally met yesterday.