Wednesday, December 1, 2010

day 6?

Wednesday, so yeah, Day 6. That's Lizzie's day 6, but my day 8. Yikes!
Richard left early this morning.
There was really no need for him to stay here, as we'd figured.
And hopes were that I'd be heading out shortly as well.

Well delays in some of the paperwork, specifically the California portion, is possibly putting me in for a longer stay. I have no idea whose responsibility it is, since everyone is happy to pass the blame elsewhere. But here we wait. No matter, because there is still the 96 hour wait, which I shouldn't have need to worry about...but I do anyways.

So the official time of 96 hours is 3pm central time on Friday. The 96 hours is the amount of time the birthmom has to change her mind (for any possible reason, her right) from terminating her rights. Again, in our favor, and very unlikely that she will. But still not 100%, which makes me worry obsessively. Because I can.

So assuming all paperwork is submitted tomorrow (CA portion), they will receive it via overnight mail on Friday morning (CA time), and I'll {hopefully} receive word on Friday that all paperwork is in roder & good and I'm free to leave the state (with Lizzie, otherwise would my family even allow me back w/out her??!!)
:)

So we wait.
in the meantime?
well, I went to Target today.
I bought wipes. And more formula. And 2 pairs of mittens (despite Richard saying I don't need them). And detergent for laundry.

And then with detergent, it was time to actually do laundry. Babies are messy. who knew!??!

Lizzie helped.
We were lucky to be able to take over the laundry at the NICU area while in the hospital. In our hotel, not as lucky. Seems like the nicer hotels don't have laundry while the not-as-nice ones do have coin laundry. So I stay in a better one, but then need to find a laundromat.

Between laundromat and signing more documents (I was met in the hotel lobby this evening to sign more stuff, hopefully completing CA requirements!), I played with Lizzie. Which at this point means playing with outfits and posing her while she sleeps (not much effort or much time, sadly, check out this site!!!)


So our cool, modern hotel room is decorated in grays and red. I took what i had and made hearts. Not impressive compared to the ones above, but hey, I had no color! And I'm positive it took that blogger more than just a few minutes ;)
(not that I don't have the time...)



2 comments:

Sweetface Photography said...

The "dream" photos - wicked. I think you did a great job with what you had; plus Lizzie is just gorgeous so you couldn't go wrong. ;) But thanks for sharing that pic - I must try.

Praying praying praying the paperwork gets sorted out quickly, and you and Lizzie are on your way home soon!

Caroline said...

I love the heart photos - so cute!