I made it to Cedar Rapids! Could not get to sleep at all in that motel 6, so when I woke up (for 3rd time or so) around 4am, I just got up & started getting ready to go!
As I mentioned, the fares were all about being cheap. For one way and under a thousand (1 person, 1 way!), I didn't mind the three separate flights!
First up was Palm Springs to Denver! Set across from Jan, and we got to chat the whole time! Adoptive mom to three, and she had noticed my empty stroller & empty carseat ;). Got questions from many, and once told them the reason for odd luggage everyone was happy :)
So arriving to Denver, Jan & I had time to find the bar...good breweries happen in Denver! Tried to get a better flight, they weren't interested in helping. Could have done Denver straight to Cedar Rapids on a half full flight, but they refused to let me change from the overbooked one I was assigned to. Which took me to Chicago first!
Made the flight to Chicago, and then made the flight to cedar rapids from there! Richard had booked a car already, so after showing the drivers license, I had some keys and was off!! Room reserved a block from the hospital *just in case!*
So I'm here! Spoken now today with the hospital social worker, our Iowa attorney, and finally with the birthmom...and everything is in place!!!
I can't wait to see Richard tomorrow as we get ready for baby #4. Wildly different thanksgiving than any other we've had, but how exciting!!??
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Day 1
Posted by annie :) at 6:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So excited for you!!!
Whoo hoo! Stay warm, Annie. I'm thinking good thoughts for you! Hope Richard arrives quickly and safely.
Post a Comment