I walked to the hospital this morning, and let Richard sleep a teensy bit.
I had seen a sign for the hospital on the street, like a block from our hotel. Easy walk.
Except that the sign I had seen was actually for a clinic, and the hospital was 6 blocks. no matter, I kept walking.
Found it!! :)
Got there around 8:30 or so, and had the nurse let Desiree (the birthmom) know that I was there. Told them I had no idea if she wanted me in there, or to meet me or anything, but that I was there and fine with whatever.
A minute later she came out, gave me a tag to put on my shirt and brought me through the doors.
Meeting Desiree was not anywhere near as awkward or strange as i thought it might be. It was different & so surreal. Bt having talked with her a couple of times a week, and both of us being as comfortable already as we could be helped. I guess.
I walked in, she sat up, tears in our eyes and we hugged.
Then I sat down, we talked for a long while while glancing over at the Ellen Show.
I texted Richard to tell him I was with her, and to come over any time,
so he arrived shortly after!
Hung out for a bit more,
pitocen (sp?) started,
contractions began,
and when she was ready for epidural, Richard and I left the room. Where we now have been hanging out for the last 2 hours or so!
hopefully get an update soon, but for now we hang out and wait. Tiny baby sounds all around, quite a wonderful noise :)
Friday, November 26, 2010
Friday Part1
Posted by annie :) at 10:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment